Re: Vista cannot connect to 2003 server

Assuming you use NetBIOS name to join the domain, have you tried to use FQDN? Or this search result may help.

Can't join domain using NetBIOS nameHowever, if you join the domain using FQDN, it works. Cause and troubleshooting: the computer can't revolve the NetBIOS of the Doman Controller. ...
www.chicagotech.net/troubleshooting/joindomain1.htm

"Martin" <m_blackwell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:jjH%j.5799$Ri.923@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yes, that is exactly what i mean. Sorry i wasn't more clear.
I can do all that stuff, but i can't join the domain.

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <findemail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:O$j$ZWewIHA.2208@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What do you mean "i cannot authenticate to a 2003 server. YET i can map drives, nslookup is fine, i can ping everything"? Do you mean you can logon local computer and then map the drive? Or you can't join the domain?