Re: Cannot disable Password Protected Sharing

It could be 3 rd party software issue. Or these search results may help.

Can’t enable/disable Vista ...If you can’t enable/disable Vista Password Protected Sharing or the Password Protected Sharing is grayed out, you may try one of the following solutions. ...
www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=1732&sid=a28094f72c9400ec4e5efc4def1cbc63

Can't disable/Enable Password ...It is on the topic on Can’t Disable or Enable Password Protected Sharing in Vista. Do you have any suggestions? I have had this problem for two months or ...
www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=2117&view=previous&sid=8bf7914ad7e73dd213b544e7d5118f2d

"Dodgy Bob" <DodgyBob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:989A2CFF-A3E5-4194-B108-172902387AA5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I've got Vista Ultimate 32bit SP1. If I try and disable Password Protected
Sharing (highlight disable and click on apply) it just remains on.

I've tried with the guest account enabled and disabled and with and without
a password set on the guest account (as suggested in other posts).

I'm the only user on the system and am an administrator.

Can you help?

Thanks in advance.

Bob.

  • Re: Password Protected Sharing
    ... "Eric Cross" wrote in message ... If Password Protected Sharing is turned off, other computers that uses the Guest account can access shared resources with no username or password required. ...
  • Re: Password Protected Sharing
    ... If Password Protected Sharing is turned off, other computers that uses the Guest account can access shared resources with no username or password required. ... If the Guest has a password set, the Guest account doesn't play guest account role consequently which can cause Password Protection Sharing to fail to turn off. ...
  • Re: Vista Ultimate wont let me turn password protection off