Re: Cannot disable Password Protected Sharing

It could be 3 rd party software issue. Or these search results may help.

Can’t enable/disable Vista ...If you can’t enable/disable Vista Password Protected Sharing or the Password Protected Sharing is grayed out, you may try one of the following solutions. ...
www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=1732&sid=a28094f72c9400ec4e5efc4def1cbc63

Can't disable/Enable Password ...It is on the topic on Can’t Disable or Enable Password Protected Sharing in Vista. Do you have any suggestions? I have had this problem for two months or ...
www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=2117&view=previous&sid=8bf7914ad7e73dd213b544e7d5118f2d

"Dodgy Bob" <DodgyBob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:989A2CFF-A3E5-4194-B108-172902387AA5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I've got Vista Ultimate 32bit SP1. If I try and disable Password Protected
Sharing (highlight disable and click on apply) it just remains on.

I've tried with the guest account enabled and disabled and with and without
a password set on the guest account (as suggested in other posts).

I'm the only user on the system and am an administrator.

Can you help?

Thanks in advance.

Bob.

.