Re: Vista cannot see XP machines

I am glad Steve sorted it for you Bill.
Even Steve questioned my reasons, a while ago, for redoing the XP's Wizard!
It was something that worked for me!
So, I deleted it from my Generic response, then he posted back it was a GOOD
idea, and he was going to use it in XP Networking advice!

So, I put it back in, lol.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Bill" wrote:

Mick Murphy wrote:

I gave you advice; you won't take it!
"New" is in inverted commas; and I gave you the reason WHY to run the
wizard!

You DON'T read posts!

Mick, I appreciate your help and I went through every single step in
your message including running the wizards. I did every step including
the wizards twice with a cold boot in between just to make sure that I
had not missed something the first time. When that did not work I
posted my preceeding message thinking might have misunderstood your
instructions. I apologize for not providing a more detailed explanation
of what I done.

With Steve Winograd's help I was finally able to connect to an XP
machine and add a shared printer although I still cannot see the XP
machines in the Network and Sharing | View Network Devices window.

FYI, Steve's solution that worked was to enter \\computername in the
Start | Search box. That opens a windows that shows the XP machine and
all of its shared resources.

--
..Bill.

  • Re: Bill Weasley in HBP - Spoiler book 6
    ... I was thinking about poor Bill Weasley's situation, and wondering, ... I see no reason to find it hard to believe that Bill was overcome by a Dark Wizard ... The only way things could have unfolded differently is if he had stationed OotP members at the top of the Astronomy tower, and I doubt they even had enough members to cover the whole school. ...
    (alt.fan.harry-potter)
  • Re: Wizard of Oz by JJP: Good license theme?
    ... There are a lot of good reasons to choose it - universal recognition, ... and great advice for me so far re: pinball. ... research on games to add, I've seen a lot about Wizard of Oz. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Use Query for Row Source - Re-Post
    ... Steve, here is the info you requested: ... Column Widths ... Bound Column ... I can create the Combo Box usin the wizard, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Use Query for Combo Box Source - Posted 26 Oct 07
    ... Steve, here is the info you requested: ... Bound Column ... I can create the Combo Box usin the wizard, ... combo box is displaying all information I'm looking for. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: Problems with Transfer Text Action
    ... Run through the import wizard again, and when you get to the last sceen, ... Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP ... > have not yet been able to do it successfully via a macro. ... > Field 'F1' doesn't exist in destination ...
    (microsoft.public.access.macros)