Re: Vista cannot see XP machines

Mick Murphy wrote:

I have checked everything in your list. Note that the XP computers can
see the Vista machine. My problem is that the Vista machine cannot see
_any_ XP machine. This has now happened with two different Vista
machines on two different networks (one Vista Home and one Vista
Business).

Sorry but I do not understand what I am supposed to look at in the
article you referred to or what the article has do do with my problem.
The article appears to be exclusively about shareing resources on
Vista. That is not what I am trying to do. I am trying to get Vista to
see shared resources on XP machines.

Also, run the XP’s Home or Small Office Network File and Printer
Sharing Wizard to include Vista in your “New” Network, even if
you had an XP Network set up prior to adding a Vista computer to
it(redoing the Wizard seems to work for XP machines!).

I do not understand what you mean by "to include Vista in your
“New” Network". This is not a new network. I am adding a Vista
machine to an existing network of three XP machines. The network, the
XP machines, sharing files between the XP machines and sharing printers
between the XP machines works perfectly.

The problem is solely and exclusively with Vista. I can ping the XP
machines from the Vista machine but beyond that Vista cannot see _any_
XP machine on the network.

It is really frustrating that Microsoft has managed to make something
that was so simple in XP so complex (if I can ever get it to work) in
Vista.

Thanks for your help.

--
..Bill.