Re: ICS problem with otherwise functioning network

On Wed, 28 May 2008 01:32:00 -0700, ZeroSP
<ZeroSP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So do I understand that you have the free version of ZoneAlarm and
made it work with ICS by just changing the firewall setting?

Is that level of firewall protection sufficient? I'd try a ShieldsUp!
full port scan at http://grc.com to see.

Thanks, I will try that.

Yes, I did have the free version of Zonealarm, but I made a mistake earlier,
I dont have Norton Antivirus on my computer I have Norton 360

Would both of them together along with the windows firewall be enough?

You're welcome. Running more than one firewall can cause problems
with network and Internet access. Choose either ZoneAlarm, Norton
360's firewall, or Windows Firewall. Disable or un-install the other
two.

I tried shieldsup and the computers passed without a problem- 100%

That's good. Did you disable all but one firewall? Running more than
one firewall can interfere with your ability to access the Internet,
and there's no benefit to running more than one.
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

  • Re: Error number: 0x80090008
    ... Enabled the Windows Firewall and then un ... Norton Removal Tool & reboot again, ... Disabled Norton Smart Firewall ... What anti-virus application was installed before you install NIS 2010 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Error number: 0x80090008
    ... WheelsinMotion wrote: ... Disabled Norton Smart Firewall ... Reinstated the native Windows Firewall ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: computer management and security services
    ... Norton is an Anti-Virus Protection software not a complete Anti-malware ... detecting Trojans/viruses/worms and it's firewall more superior than Windows ... Windows Firewall options are grayed out ... security center keeps switching to disable when I set it to automatic; ...
  • Re: xp firewall help
    ... I can manualy turn on the windows firewall but it will not stay on after the ... Therefore if I do not enable the Norton Personal Firewall feature I ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Printer/Fax/Scanner - Scanner wont work! HELP
    ... I have windows firewall off and Norton Internet Security 2008's firewall is on. ... When I tried the installation for everything, I even started with a clean boot so Norton was totally off at that time. ... Naturally you would not have the Windows firewall on at the same time as the NIS firewall. ...