Re: VPN and Remote desktop connection problems

I tried but I must be doing something wrong. I opened the router
software (netgear 108Mbps).

Under port services I selected Telnet.
Service type: TCP
Starting port: 3389
Ending Port: 3389
Server IP address 172.16.1.1

I get the message: *Default service type/port is not changeable.*

At the Starting & Ending Port selections is says: 1 ~ 65534

My home network is your basic windows client network with 3 pc and
another location to plug in the notebook to an ethernet cord. The IP
address is the routers address.

What did I do wrong?

--
buddy

  • Re: Using Remote Desktop From an SBS Domain
    ... when you tried to RDP while attached directly to a port on your router? ... So if 3389 needs forwarded on the client end too then that is what the ... Hopefully next week I can attempt a connection while my ISP watches the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cost of setting up a network
    ... A router capable of acting as a VPN endpoint for more than one user simultaneously with four Ethernet ports or a switch to suit. ... The rationale for using a server here is basically that the router doesn't need to be able to decide which PC to route the connection to. ... If you are using a router which supports it, you can set up a port-forwarding inbound rule which also _translates_ the port supplied to the receiving port. ... You can use several of these connections to different machines simultaneously. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • How did they get behind my NAT?
    ... this point I panicked and shutdown the VNC service ASAP. ... My question is how the attacker got to my VNC port! ... the internet through the router. ... client connection using local port number 5900 (which was also being ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: RWW ON SBS 2K3 NOT WORKING
    ... Will try a new router. ... The CEICW should setup IIS and ISA properly for RWW. ... The port closing wasn't intended to be part of the resolution to your ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Connecting to Home Computer
    ... cannot transmit IP packets outside the local network). ... assigned by your router. ... You have to add the port too, ... Determine the ports (pcAnywhere uses 5631 for DATA, 5632 for STATUS, I ...