Re: Vista Business and 2003 Domain

Hi
It might relate to the setting on the server.
Are the server set to recognize and allow your computer to freely share/print?
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Fighting Scot" <FightingScot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:F94034DA-BF88-4F48-88B8-A5F0F1A04E75@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a new Dell Optiplex PC that I joined to a Windows 2003 domain. I'm
not able to connect to shares on the domain servers. When I try to install
printers only a partial sample of my printers are displayed. I can't attach
to a printer manually, either. The Microsoft firewall is turned off. Is
there something I need to do to use this PC?

Thanks

  • Re: !!HELP!! Pulling my hair on this one. Printer problems. Really need some help on this.
    ... Yes Larry I have already moved them off of the SBS server and onto a high ... When the printers were connecte they did show as being offline. ... have workstations connected are plugged into the same. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: 2nd Branch Server and Laptop configuration suggestion
    ... please share all printers and folders the laptop user ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... now, that way, each branch is independent of any possible Server down at ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: !!HELP!! Pulling my hair on this one. Printer problems. Really need some help on this.
    ... Yes it is becoming a concerning issue with my SBS server. ... When the printers were connecte they did show as being offline. ... It can't be my hub because other wall jacks that have workstations ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: CUPS Server Error
    ... Server Identity ... > # Classification: the classification level of the server. ... the default language if not specified by the browser. ... determines whether the scheduler will allow new printers ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: !!HELP!! Pulling my hair on this one. Printer problems. Really need some help on this.
    ... If the server tried to contact a printer and could not, say because of a sporadic hardware issue, it might report the printeras offline. ... I think that what I would do next would be to delete all the printers, then go into Server Properties and delete all the drivers. ... So I think for now if I can resolve the issue as to why I cannot remove and delete the print queues from my SBS server then I can try to reinstall from scratch without the existing print queues still in place. ... By centralizing the spooler you can control access, do "grouped" deployments, such as department/building/remote printer locations using group policy, upgrade a driver on the server and have all workstations get the new driver automatically, and...ultimately...usually a better troubleshooting experience when problems arise because you know the driver, the port, and don't have several workstations with different configurations floating out there. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)