Re: No Adhoc ethernet option in Vista Busness

Hi
Ad-Hoc connection is related to Wireless.
To connect two computers you need a cross over Cat5e cable connecting them through the Network cards . Then configure each computer Network setting with static IP.
http://bassplayerdoc.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!CED2A18FB2A30E11!359.entry
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"JRowe" <JRowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:57B3BF3B-2DA7-4518-81E5-9FAEEA0747FE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am trying to adhoc two laptops using ethernet. One is running XP3 the other
Vista Business. In the Microsoft article
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/293c504f-b944-4d5d-835c-f080129bd5dc1033.mspx
they say at point 3 "Set up an ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network". I do
not have that option available, only Set up a wireless ad hoc
(computer-to-computer) network.

What gives?????????????? Any ideas??????????????????

  • Re: XP ad-hoc wireless network : How to change channel?
    ... When I to in "Wireless Network Connection Properties"> Wireless ... I see that the computers connect on channel 11. ... Create a new computer-to-computer network that uses a different ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: XP ad-hoc wireless network : How to change channel?
    ... I see that the computers connect on channel 11. ... There's someone in my neighborhood who now has a wireless router on ... Create a new computer-to-computer network that uses a different ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • TidBITS#785/27-Jun-05
    ... Jeff Carlson continues his exploration of computerized poker ... and Adam examines both the Canary Wireless ... Rogue Amoeba's Audio Hijack Pro ... A Canary in the Network ...
    (comp.sys.mac.digest)
  • Re: Linksys NAS200 Network Storage adapter
    ... The only two wireless network settings that are of any consequence are the SSID and the encryption method and password. ... either click the "Print Network Settings" button on the final screen of the Wizard or simply access the appropriate XML file and get at them that way and then use the information to configure the router manually as I explained earlier. ... I've read thru some of the MS web site on that product and it appears to do everything a NAS will do plus other cool features, such as, with an xbox360 with the wireless adapter, I can stream my video/pics to my TV for family viewing. ...
  • [NMRC Advisory] Microsoft Windows Wireless Exposure on Laptops
    ... Application: Wireless Network Connection ... This advisory documents an anomaly involving Microsoft's Wireless Network ... If a laptop connects to an ad-hoc network it can later start ... This is known as a Link-Local address, and by default Link-Local is turned on on all Windows platforms on all interfaces, including wireless interfaces. ...
    (Bugtraq)