Re: No Adhoc ethernet option in Vista Busness
- From: "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)." <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 23:14:03 -0400
Ad-Hoc connection is related to Wireless.
To connect two computers you need a cross over Cat5e cable connecting them through the Network cards . Then configure each computer Network setting with static IP.
"JRowe" <JRowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:57B3BF3B-2DA7-4518-81E5-9FAEEA0747FE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am trying to adhoc two laptops using ethernet. One is running XP3 the other
Vista Business. In the Microsoft article
they say at point 3 "Set up an ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network". I do
not have that option available, only Set up a wireless ad hoc
What gives?????????????? Any ideas??????????????????
- Prev by Date: Re: Limited or No Connectivity after Power Outage - Wired Connection
- Next by Date: Re: Vista laptop/XP Desktop printer sharing
- Previous by thread: Re: Vista laptop...Linksys...XP desktop...can't connect to desktop??
- Next by thread: Re: loopback adapter on vista