Re: loopback adapter on vista

I don't use loopback much, but I seem to remember an IP of 127.0.0.1 for the
local machine addy

"Vincent" <Vincent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
i installed the MS Loopback adapter on my vista64 sp1 machine. i assigned
the
ip address and masking to 192.168.50.1/255.255.255.0

However, the connection from the Network and Sharing center say the
loopback
adapter network has limited connectivy.

i am planning to set up a virtual server environemt for my sharepoint
development.

I had set up a loopback adapter on windows XP and it is up and running
even
there was no VPC is attached to it the loopback adpater i got 10mbps from
the xp box.

am i missing some configuration on vista? or this is normal to show

thanks

.