Re: Vista cannot see XP machines

Progress! Once I knew what to look for I found, using Google Groups, a
thread in windows.vista general stating that SP3 does _not_ include the
LLTD Responder. The only way to install the LLTD Responder on an SP3
machine is manually using the procedure below my signature.

This procedure worked perfectly and after installing the responder the
XP machine appears in the full map view. However, if I click View
Computers and Devices the XP machine does not appear so I cannot find a
way to access the shared folders and printers via the full map.

--
..Bill.

After installing SP3 or when you do a fresh install of XP SP3, even
though the protocol won't self install you can install it youself by
first extracting the files from the windowsXP-KB922120-v5-ENU.exe file.
See this article. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828030

In the folder where you extract to you will find a folder SP2QFE.
Open this and you will find the required files.

Then copy the rspndr.sys to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers folder,
rspndr.exe to C:\Windows\System32 folder.
rspndr.inf (inside ip folder) to C:\Windows\Inf folder
Then open a Command prompt and navigate to the C:\Windows\System32
folder and type

rspndr.exe -i

This will install the LLTD responder.

  • RE: office 2003 SP3 silent install
    ... Office2003SP3-KB923618-FullFile-ENU.exe in that folder. ... You can then use the following command in a startup script to install Sp3 ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • RE: Vista Network Map
    ... I agree with you about Microsoft. ... determine why it does not seem to be in SP3 like they say. ... If you install the LLTD before you install SP3, ... In the folder where you extract to you will find a folder SP2QFE. ...
  • HOW to get LLTD working in SP3 under 2 minutes flat.
    ... your existing install disk to make a clean install of XP (insert your ... of updates included with SP3 its not really... ... Directory and system32 folder and then run the service... ... Then type in command window ...
  • Re: Disk Cleanup
    ... I do a Disk Cleanup in Safe Mode, but every time I do I still ... That folder only contains "temporary files" and they ... not mess up the SP3 install or cause any problems. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Vista Network Map
    ... If you install the LLTD before you install SP3, ... In the folder where you extract to you will find a folder SP2QFE. ... machines on the Vista network map in "Network and Sharing Centre". ...