Re: remote desktop stopped working - no error message

This how to may help.
Vista How to
How to disable Vista firewall using Group Policy ... How to Enable Remote Desktop On Vista · How to: Enable telnet on Vista · How to: Enabling ICS on Vista ...
www.howtonetworking.com/vista/vista.htm

"mountainag" <mountainag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:CF1CA1A0-EC45-4D57-9DBA-EF2A41A8F7D5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for helping, but I don't know how to "do" telnet. What application do
you use? I've tried typing it in at the command prompt, under run, in
internet explorer and nothing recognizes telnet. I know the IP address, so
where do I type in "telnet remoteipaddress 3389"?

Find out the remote site IP address, then do telnet remoteipaddress 3389?

> How do you do that?
>
> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Can you telnet port 3389?
>>
>> -- >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>> "mountainag" <mountainag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> > After installing some updates for Vista and McAfee at the office and >> > XP
>> > and
>> > McAfee at home, my remote desktop connection (Vista to XP) no longer
>> > works.
>> > No error message comes up, just nothing happens after entering the
>> > password
>> > and clicking yes to connect without verifying. Any ideas?

  • Re: Vista Home Premium cant RDP to Server2003 from Internet
    ... Vista How toHow to Enable Remote Desktop On Vista · ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ...
  • Re: Remote Desktop Doesnt Work on a Computer?
    ... Can you telnet the computer port 389? ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... I have checked the remote desktop button under the remote tab and it is checked! ...
  • Re: Vista connecting to WIN XP
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... I have a laptop that has Vista Home Premium and a desktop running WIN ... not see the drives on either side. ...
  • Re: Vista Home Premium cant RDP to Server2003 from Internet
    ... your Vista remote desktop client is set to Do Not Connect in the dropdown ... telnet to the port from an XP PC that can remote into the server. ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ...
  • Re: Remote Desktop connection to W2k3 Server
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... When I go to the Remote tab in System Properties the check box ... With a search of the Internet I have seen many many references to this ...