Re: Network Map issue

Local Area is selected. there is no other option here, since there is only a wired network

"Steve Winograd" <bc070521m@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:bklu545t9e0epbcrt00st7frmj6l58eqio@xxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 21:43:26 -0400, "Joe Medford"
<UNKNOWN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When I open the network map, I recieve the message, "Windows cannot create a
network map for the selected type of network connecton".
I have the network set to Home/Work, and this is a wired network connection.
I tried to update the network driver, without any luck.
Any advise or good ideas would be appriciated.
Thanks in advance

In the menu next to "Network map of", select the local area network
connection.
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

  • Re: what changes are made by network wizard floppy?
    ... > Here's a list of the actions that Windows XP's Network Setup Wizard ... > (This computer connects directly to the Internet. ... Enable Internet Connection Sharing on the network connection ... > Steve Winograd, MS-MVP ...
  • Re: Network cable uplugged
    ... >file and settings transfer Wizard. ... You're using a wireless network between the two computers. ... also have wired network adapters that you're not using? ... the LAN cable really is unplugged on the wired connection. ...
  • Re: Highspeed Point to Point Wireless Connection
    ... I need enough speed to play a dvd on one computer of of the ... A wired network is not an option due to ... Now exactly why is it impossible to use a wired connection, ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Internet on Ubuntu 7.04 turion 64-bit
    ... the network icon in the top left corner and choose Connection ... time "Requesting a network address from the wired network" and finally gets ... until saying it can't find the server at google. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Unwanted Internet Connection
    ... Terry gave me a B+ in the Introduction to AI course. ... The connection runs at 10Mbps and appears in the ... This all occurs even if nothing else is connected to the network except the ... Steve Winograd was correct; the router's UPnP was the problem. ...