Re: Browser(s) can't connect to the internet but IM client can
- From: "Not Me" <cargodZeroOne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 17:19:16 -0600
I haven't seen that with Vista yet, in XP that was usually a winsock
It could usually be repaired by using either lspfix.exe (google it) or
sometimes by running, from the command prompt, 'netsh winsock reset'
A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
Change Alpha to Numeric to reply
"Sam" <Sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I am also facing the same problem with my Vista machine. I am also not
to visit any web sites while I can connect to internet via IM.
I've also tried all steps provided on this forum, this post as well as
other posts. Even tried disabling TCP auto tuning feature, but no success
Please help me to fix it.
Recently, i have experienced an issue, with no obvious triggering event,
where neither IE or Firefox browsers can connect to the internet. My IM
client works fine.
I am running on a wireless network, but no changes have been made to the
or other settings. I have done all of the resolver cache, winsock resets,
that I have seen. I can ping other computers on the network and my WAN
nslookups on well know resolve.
Ideas on troubleshooting - how on FW welcome.
- Prev by Date: Re: networking print sharing not working
- Next by Date: KeyIso service can't start- wireless not working
- Previous by thread: RE: Browser(s) can't connect to the internet but IM client can
- Next by thread: File Share Contents Limit (175 dirs)?