Re: Remote Desktop from Linux console

Perhaps this diagram will make my situation more clear:
http://sameervijaykar.googlepages.com/firewall.jpg
All the hosts inside the firewall can be accessed only through the
host L. Now since L is not running an X server, I cannot start an RDP
session to V from L. I created an ssh connection from L to L2 which
does run an X server but even there I could not start an RDP session,
probably because L is not tunneling the X11 connection. So is there a
way I can start a console RDP connection (either from L or L2) to V?

A different but related question is as follows: I have shared some
folders from V. I tried to access these shares from L using
'smbclient' but I got the following error: "session setup failed:
SUCCESS - 0". Any clues? Perhaps I should post this as a separate
query.

  • Re: "Blank" Connection...
    ... server but it won't bring up the login screen. ... Grey screen with the "connection bar" at the top in full screen ... I can still RDP into the servers at this location. ... you might have a session in wich ...
  • Re: RDP Out Stops Working After PC Rebuild
    ... could make an RDP connection to remote hosts from this ... on the LAN sill works OK. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Display question
    ... The screen resolution can NOT be changed inside of a session, it is set in the RDP or ICA client software before the connection is made. ...
  • Re: client could not establish a connection
    ... withing that session, tries to connect with rdp to Terminal Server ... Can the user make a direct rdp connection from his PC to TS B? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients)
  • Re: Cant reconnect to same session after dropped VPN connection
    ... That probably means that the server hasn't detected yet that the ... When the VPN unexpectedly drops and my RDP ... reconnect to my existing session. ... reestablish my VPN connection and run RDP again I get connected ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients)