Re: Is the LLTD responder required on XP SP3

"Steve Winograd" <bc070521m@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:qp2h54p1ck5k6eqjk2aricam08tvnv125j@xxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 19:46:04 -0700, "Bill" <no@xxxxxx> wrote:

Must I install the LLTD responder on XP SP3 machines to allow a Vista
machine to see the XP machines on the network?

The LLTD Responder isn't required on any version of XP. Vista and XP
can see each other and share files without it.

The only purpose of the LLTD Responder is to allow an XP computer to
appear in Vista's "Network Map".

AFAIK LLTD is included in SP3 anyway - trying to find a "kosher" reference....

  • Re: Hijack well-known ports
    ... I realize that there's a point where security costs more than it's ... > IPserves no purpose and is a waste of time and resources, ... All I can say is that I hope you aren't involved with network ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: VPN through BSD for Win2k, totally baffled
    ... I've been using PPTP for this purpose. ... Microsoft's PPTP implementation ... stability of the server software for FreeBSD. ... >FreeBSD box running IPFW acting as a gateway to private network. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • RE: win32 modules
    ... > The data I will be collecting is for the sole purpose of gather ... > information about a site and a site configuration. ... a San switch and then a storage array. ... OS or network appliance. ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: Mail being sent from my domain...
    ... fake users acting as comming from my network? ... accidentally or on purpose, but that is not what is happening in this case. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Perl or Python for Socket Programming?
    ... over a network and this is actually the main purpose of the project. ... will be dominated by the network transfer time. ... which of Perl or Python do you recommend for such purpose? ...
    (comp.programming)