RE: Access denied

Thanks Mick,

That all looks very familiar, and all those things have been done but still
no joy. Both machines have been rebooted several times to make sure the
network logins are refreshed.

The last time this happened was six months ago when we added the new Vista
machines and the only way we were able to resolve it was to go to Password
Protected File Sharing. I know it shouldn't be necessary but nothing else
worked. This time there are two new machines added. I tried the Password
Protected route but that wasn't working for the new additions, so I turned it
off and removed the password requirements on all computers. Just in case I
had gone too far with all the permissions, I just reset the problem machine
to an earlier restore point, so I;m trying to start all this over again
without any luck.

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

Just double-check what is below.

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"RedThumb" wrote:

I'm trying to share drives and folders between three machines, two desktops
and one laptop all running Vista. I am unable to access files on the primary
desktop from the other machines. Network discovery is ON, I'm using simple
file sharing, permissions are set for everyone allowed full control. I have
user accounts on each machine for the corresponding other machines. UAC is
OFF, Windows Firewall is OFF. Still can't access the files. What other
settings are needed to allow this.

  • Re: Shared folders on Xp cannot be found from Vista
    ... I was able to get the sharing to work, the fault was not the Vista machine. ... firewall misconfiguration issue. ... start by running the Network Setup Wizard on all machines (see ...
  • Re: networking xp to vista
    ... My xp computer sees the vista and shows the C: ... start by running the Network Setup Wizard on all machines (see ... by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including a stateful ... put all computers in the same Workgroup. ...
  • Re: Printing across workgroups
    ... then you don't have file/printer sharing set up correctly. ... start by running the Network Setup Wizard on all machines (see ... Problems sharing files between computers on a network are generally caused ... With Windows Firewall, this means allowing File/Printer ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Vista file sharing across and Access Point / Networks / Merging, etc.
    ... Why would multiple wireless XP machines be able to see INTO both the Vista ... Successful Sharing involves some general consideration in Network ... Some computers are wired and some computers are connected via the AP / ...
  • Re: Cant Connect To Network Printer
    ... I have sharing turned on. ... start by running the Network Setup Wizard on all machines (see ... by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including a stateful ... put all computers in the same Workgroup. ...