RE: The Frustrations of Networks

Below is how to Network XP and Vista.
Other people understand it, and have no problems!

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

work for XP machines!).

and Printer Sharing.

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"NetRider" wrote:

If it is not obvious by now... We must all realize that Microsoft has it's
own direction. We are pretty much not in control of our own computers, nor
will we be ever. The issues I have seen, and what you all are seeing is the
results of many things. All of which I will not be able to address.

1st You really need to have only Vista machines.. cures all problems..

2nd You really need to have a Server to perform DNS and DHCP, even all of us
home users. Gee I wonder why there is now even a Home version of Server.

3rd We really all need to be MSCE's if we are going to have more than one
computer on the network.

4th We need artificial inteligence to figure out what the wizards are doing.

If all else fails refer back to 1,2,3,4

  • RE: Seeing Vista PC from networked laptops
    ... Have a read of the above link re Vista File and Printer Sharing. ... In Vista Network and Sharing: ...
  • RE: Simple Vista-XP network problem
    ... Have a read of the above link re Vista File and Printer Sharing. ... In Vista Network and Sharing: ...
  • Re: How to share user folder without password?
    ... guide in that link try sharing something other than ... Vista sets permissions for these directories ... As for Malke, I have to disagree. ... - Any person that wants to share files with other network systems ...
  • Re: Cannot connect to Vista PC
    ... Problem is that when I right click on a Foldr and go to sharing I do not get ... Have a read of the above link re Vista File and Printer Sharing. ... In Vista Network and Sharing: ...
  • RE: Creating secure shared folder.
    ... Some help about Networking, Sharing, and Permissions with Vista and XP. ... Have a read of the above link re Vista File and Printer Sharing. ... In Vista Network and Sharing: ...