Re: HP Printer and networking

I had a similar issue with a HP C6180.

Each time the printer was turned on it was assigned a dynamic IP address
different to its previous IP address.

I assigned it a static IP address and all's now fine.
"Ed H" <edandsandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I thought all was well. I have a desktop Win XP Sp3) and a notebook (Win
Vista x64 Sp1) and an HP C6280 printer working through a router. Both
computers will print just fine but after I turn the printer on after being
down, the Vista machine lists the the printer as offline and I can't get it
to 'refresh' to see that the printer is on. Documents just sit in the queue.
Nothing seems to work short of uninstall/install.

Thanks for your help,
Ed H
--

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-BIT SP1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz

The XP machine has no problem. The proper drivers are installed on both.

  • Re: HP Printer and networking
    ... The HP site provided updated software when I installed the printer for the Vista computer. ... I just checked mine, and taking the printer offline, then putting it back on worked as expected. ... Vista x64 Sp1) and an HP C6280 printer working through a router. ... Both computers will print just fine but after I turn the printer on after being down, the Vista machine lists the the printer as offline and I can't get it to 'refresh' to see that the printer is on. ...
  • HP Printer and networking
    ... I have a desktop Win XP Sp3) and a notebook (Win Vista x64 Sp1) and an HP C6280 printer working through a router. ... Both computers will print just fine but after I turn the printer on after being down, the Vista machine lists the the printer as offline and I can't get it to 'refresh' to see that the printer is on. ...
  • Hp printer woes after start up
    ... A Vista x64 SP1, wireless and an HP C2680 printer Ethernet to my router. ... I have to manually set my Vista machine to 'Use Printer Online' for the HP to become available, and on both machines, I can't open the 'HP Solution Center.' ...
  • Re: Error details: Code 80072EFE
    ... State your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., Vista x64 SP1) in your first post. ... pack 2 and i cant even download from the website infact i cant download ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: HP Printer and networking
    ... But I found out the problem was I needed to go into the printer folder check 'Print online'. ... Vista x64 Sp1) and an HP C6280 printer working through a router. ... Elephant Boy Computers ...