Re: HP Printer and networking

I had a similar issue with a HP C6180.

Each time the printer was turned on it was assigned a dynamic IP address
different to its previous IP address.

I assigned it a static IP address and all's now fine.
"Ed H" <edandsandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I thought all was well. I have a desktop Win XP Sp3) and a notebook (Win
Vista x64 Sp1) and an HP C6280 printer working through a router. Both
computers will print just fine but after I turn the printer on after being
down, the Vista machine lists the the printer as offline and I can't get it
to 'refresh' to see that the printer is on. Documents just sit in the queue.
Nothing seems to work short of uninstall/install.

Thanks for your help,
Ed H
--

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-BIT SP1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz

The XP machine has no problem. The proper drivers are installed on both.

.