Re: Vista on NT Network

Are you using ISP DNS? Posting the result of ipconfig /all may help.

"RichITL" <RichITL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4079593B-EBED-4CA8-A1B0-938E07C17ED7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have 2 Vista machines just recently installed onto our NT network.
Everything appeared to work fine. After about a week or so, the Vista's
weren't able to access the shared drives on the network. This seems to be
related to a "authentication" issue on the NT or Vista. It doesn't happen on
a daily basis, just once in a while - usually when someone needs something.
Is there a fix i'm over looking? This is starting to become a problem.
Sometimes i can fix the problem by shutting down the vista machine or the
machine it happens to authenticate too - some times the vista doesn't
authenticate to the NT - I have had it go to the backup server(s) and even an
XP machine. Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks

  • Re: Vista Networking - Server service is not started
    ... In Vista desktop, run "net view", what do you receive? ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ...
  • Re: Net View (again)
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... One is a Vista machine and one is a 2008 server. ...
  • Re: ICS across XP and Vista
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... Media Centre running Vista and network printer. ... Dial-up which I am trying to share with the Vista machine. ...
  • Re: Vista cannot access Windows 2000
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... setup something similar between Vista and XP I'm remembering it was necessary to create a user account on the XP system with the same user name and password that I log into Vista with in order to access XP shares. ...
  • Re: Vista Wireless network
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... My home network with a vista behaves strange. ... The strange thing is when all pc's are connected wireless, the vista pc can not access shares on the xp machines. ...