Re: 169 IP conflict on wireless!

try to take a wired connection. And then try to open the router home
page by typing in the default gateway in the address bar of internet
explorer. Then put in the user name &
password. Then try to check the router settings. You can also try to
create a new wireless connection. Check if that works.

P.S. when you create a wired connection try to do ipconfig & check the
ip address.
you can also try to put in a manual ip address. Put in the alternate
dns server as 4.2.2.2, check if this helps.

--
tanuj_chadha

  • Re: Strange PC networking problem
    ... (iMac G5 connected to D-link router, ... computer have a wired connection. ... wireless router as my router, and on Friday I set it up that way. ... to set up my wife's Lenovo laptop, and it wouldn't see the internet ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Strange PC networking problem
    ... (iMac G5 connected to D-link router, ... computer have a wired connection. ... wireless router as my router, and on Friday I set it up that way. ... to set up my wife's Lenovo laptop, and it wouldn't see the internet ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • 2 nics
    ... I have a situation where I have two NICs in a work station. ... to tell the system how to use one for internet and one for LAN. ... connection than the wired connection. ... uses a diff sub net and ip range so it isn't able to access my LAN. ...
  • laptop connectivity issues
    ... I have a Dell Latitude D600 running XP Pro that has starting having ... I can't connect to the internet either wirelessly or through ... a wired connection. ...
  • Re: 2 nics
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... > connection than the wired connection. ... > uses a diff sub net and ip range so it isn't able to access my LAN. ...