Re: 169 IP conflict on wireless!

TimS - An address beginning with "169" means the computer is not receiving
an address from the router - Vista is assigning a default address which
permits connection on a network but no access to the
outside (Internet).

Verify your computer is set to receive an adress automatically from the
router - or set one manually in range "192.168.1.?.

"TimS" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

My custom built laptop doesnt seem to want to connect to my home
network, but the internet cafe downtown has the same ISP and my laptop
connects just fine there. The laptop works fine at home wired in but
the wireless always returns the 169.x.x.x address. I will be posting
the ipconfig / all as soon as im home. Any suggestions?

--
TimS

  • Re: OT. Wireless network problem
    ... Broadband router. ... Laptop can connect to home network with cable. ... Plugging in card produces "No network detected". ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: need help setting up network
    ... successfully via ethernet to a Linksis Wireless G router w/4 port switch. ... I've run the Network Wizzard on ... were finally working when an icon for my desktop showed up on my laptop. ... Contact administrator of this server to find out if you have ...
  • Re: need help setting up network
    ... successfully via ethernet to a Linksis Wireless G router w/4 port switch. ... I've run the Network Wizzard on ... allow access by other computers on the local area network. ... were finally working when an icon for my desktop showed up on my laptop. ...
  • Re: Networking problem
    ... machine 2# HP Z8000 laptop xp media center on board lan and 802.11 windows firewall off. ... router linksys befw11s4 ... Network activity lights flash on the router on the port in use. ... I finally got it to the point that from the desktop i can ping the ip ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Renaming a wireless connection
    ... I got the laptop SSID name changed but continuing with the ... The message that a network ... the security entries in the router setup. ... came to enter the Network key so I must have typed incorrectly the ...