Re: 169 IP conflict on wireless!

TimS - An address beginning with "169" means the computer is not receiving
an address from the router - Vista is assigning a default address which
permits connection on a network but no access to the
outside (Internet).

Verify your computer is set to receive an adress automatically from the
router - or set one manually in range "192.168.1.?.

"TimS" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

My custom built laptop doesnt seem to want to connect to my home
network, but the internet cafe downtown has the same ISP and my laptop
connects just fine there. The laptop works fine at home wired in but
the wireless always returns the 169.x.x.x address. I will be posting
the ipconfig / all as soon as im home. Any suggestions?

--
TimS

.