Re: 169 IP conflict on wireless!

Your router should be returning a 192.168.x.x address usually

192.168.0.1
192.168.1.1
192.168.100.1 for its gateway

I would go into your router and reset it to default. Make sure WAN is
see the modem properly. DHCP is enabled and set with the proper
address.

169 address means DHCP is not found.

--
SCSIraidGURU

Michael A. McKenney
'www.SCSIraidGURU.com' (http://www.SCSIraidGURU.com)

Supermicro X7DWA-N server board
pair of Intel E5430 quad core 2.66 GHz Xeons
16GB DDR667
SAS RAID
eVGA 8800 GTS 640 MB video card

  • Re: Cant Access Printer!!!
    ... printerwith the full IP address -- I suppose the router is the ... I'd heard that theprinteritself had to request a DHCP update. ... IPs, for use as fixed IPs if necessary. ... has a WAN IP and is set up as a gateway using ...
    (comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • Re: new domain existing LOB PCs attached to workgroup, how to leav
    ... during setup windows assigned 192.168.1.104 as internal NIC IP and gateway as ... Will I be able to change the router to ... and I'd create MAC based DHCP reservations for your LOB servers and run them ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Unable to Ping Network from Outside
    ... Those clients should not have the router gateway in their gateway settings; ... Check DHCP, Scope options and make sure that 003, 006 and 044 are pointing ... >>Post the ipconfig/all from the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Using XP PC as Gateway, add Wireless router, cant share across su
    ... I'm using a spare PC running Windows XP Pro configured as a gateway to allow ... Things have been running pretty good so I added a wireless router to the mix ... -- NIC2 is connected to a Netgear 16 port switch ... cannot be plugged directly into the cable modem, at least not as a DHCP ...
  • Re: Faulty Port 25 (SMTP)?!?!
    ... I'm using DHCP and noticed that the subnet mask is already set ... as well as the default gateway = router address. ... >> which is linked to the SAME Router AND ISP as well. ...