Network situation, It is normal or not?

::Hi to all, ::
::I have a situation with Network, which I do not know is normal or not
in Windows Vista. When I clicked Network from Start button, and looked
what computers are listed, I see other computers but my own is it not
listed. Is this situation normal? I have done other clean install in
which showed my computer. I saw in the Network tutorial similar what I
have now, my last clean install. If this is not normal, how can I have
my computer listed again? Your response will be greatly appreciated. ::

::Thank you, Doc ::

--
Doc

  • Re: The Hard Problem for Behaviorists
    ... correct low level abstractions to define the operation of the brain with - ... Do you not know how computers work? ... you can think of this type of network like you ... when you drop a marble in hole X1, ...
    (sci.cognitive)
  • Re: Networks : Workgroups and Domains. How Do I Use Them?
    ... I think the problem is from my lack of understanding whether these machines are together as a workgroup or domain. ... If I want to configure solely for a workgroup network, then I would think I do not need to provide a domain name, and vice versa for a domain network. ... It's not clear whether any of your computers is running Windows 2000 *Server.* If not, you don't have a "domain" and shouldn't be using domain names. ... Problems sharing files between computers on a network are generally caused by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall; or 2) inadvertently running two firewalls such as the built-in Windows Firewall and a third-party firewall; and/or 3) not having identical user accounts and passwords on all Workgroup machines; 4) trying to create shares where the operating system does not permit it. ...
  • Re: {workgroup}"...is not accessible" after removing NWLINK
    ... I generally reboot the machine whenever I make network ... >problem is a browse service that won?t run on the XP machine using the TCP/IP ... >?The browser has forced an election on network ... >> computer, and one, or preferably two, of the Windows 98 computers. ...
  • Re: Help with 070-217
    ... The network contains 25,000 computers. ... > single Windows 2000 domain named research.contoso.com. ... > Server computers that are configured as domain controllers. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)