Enabling ECN (Explicit Congestion Notification) in Vista - James

Open a command prompt as an adminstrator or you will get an error that request needs to be elevated.

Type "netsh int tcp show global"
this will show your current TCP/IP state

To enable ECN, in command prompt type:
"netsh int tcp set global ecncapability=enabled"

To enable CTCP (Compound TCP)in command prompt type:
"netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp"

To verify changes Type "netsh int tcp show global"

Hope this helps

Jim

  • Re: cant get to websites
    ... You could try the following command from the command prompt: ... netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled ... All the sudden couple weeks ago my laptop started giving me trouble when it was connected to internet. ...
  • Re: Windows Live Messenger + Error COde : 81000306 Solution ?
    ... Right-click Command Prompt ... netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled ... Allow the receive window to grow to accomodate almost all scenarios. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)
  • Re: Copy process becomes dead slow...?
    ... netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable ... Even if it may not help you (e.g. if your problem is NOT with filecopy via Ethernet network), it still seems tobe one of the most useful things to disable in Vista. ...