Re: Vista RAS/DUN Error 31 Trace - Who will look at it?

Attached, just the two logs, as requested. The original .html file is
what Vista produced when I switched on logging for the dial-up
connection, tested with straight DUN, and then saved the result to a
file. It includes all available logs with links for easy viewing.

For the files attached to this message, I re-did the tests. First, I
used netsh ras diagnostics to enable logging for all events, (..set
loglevel all, ..set rastracing * enabled, ..set modemtracing enabled).
Then, I ran two tests beginning at specific clock times. Starting at
15:18, I attempted to connect using VZAccess Manager. Starting at
15:19, I attempted to connect with straight DUN using the
NationalAccess-BroadbandAccess connection from Network Connection
manager. (Both attempts resulted in Error 31, as always.) After the
tests, I disabled logging to ensure that the logs were flushed and then
clipped out the section encompassing the test times and saved for
posting.

There is a third log, tapisrv.log, that contains a lot of trace info.
I didn't include it since you did not specifically request it, but I
would be happy to post it as well if if would help. Thank you for your
willingness to review the traces.

|Filename: TwoLogs.zip |
|Download: http://forums.techarena.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=6859|

etfloyd
etfloyd's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=50883
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=975786

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: openssh cygwin: connection closed by remote host
    ... forked sshd process is not killed. ... unable to open a connection, got: will not fork when running in ... Any time someone logs into the server, it forks off a new process to handle ... that allows you to keep logging in. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] Log checking?
    ... tend to evaluate where and what logging is important in a different light. ... I've been happy to analyze a year's worth of firewall denied logs, ... have denied firewall traffic logs or denied logs with any relevant data. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Login Errors Seem to indicate we are being hacked?
    ... thing on the box using that authentication package. ... The SMTP or IIS logs should answer everything. ... I'm not familiar with that particular router or its logging capabilities, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Logging Best Practice?
    ... a lot depends on who's going to read the logs. ... lookup where the log line originated and look at the program flow. ... I usually implement logging in a way the user can choose the logging level ... Those are ment for checking if the ...
    (comp.programming)
  • [TOOL] The Logging Project
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... of a need for secure, centralized, fault tolerant, real time logging. ... system logs are only part of the package. ... * Message queuing when tunnel is offline (sptc) ...
    (Securiteam)