Re: Vista assigns 0.0.0.0 IP address when setting up static IP

I am not sure this is the same issue. Check the following link or post the result of ipconfig /all.
Vista Gateway is 0.0.0.0
The solutions of Vista computer default gateway 0.0.0.0 are 1) reset it by using route delete 0.0.0.0 command; 2) Disable IPv6; 3) install new firmware for ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/gateway0.htm

"romeropaul" <romeropaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:68D779A0-E170-4DDE-890D-4C9CF2181F10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I need networking help in getting my home webserver up and running.

Im trying to get my home webserver going (either IIS or Apache), but first
I cannot even get my static IP setup in my home network. Vista assigns a
0.0.0.0 IP address automatically whenever I try to do this. I've heard that a
disconnected or bad network cable can cause this, However, I did replace the
CAT 5 cable to the home router, but the network setup still adds 0.0.0.0 to
my fixed ip address. It in fact uses it instead of the one I programmed
in...192.168.1.250. In addition the networking stops working. Does anyone
know what this might be causing this...Vista tells me that its a misconfig in
the networking gateway and that the subnet is wrong.

here is my current setup again:

-use dyndns.org as my dynamic dns providor, with promero.homeip.net as my
website / host name.

-DSL service provided by ATT/SBC, which have dns servers available called:
206.13.28.11 and 206.13.29.11, respectively.

-Speedstream brand DSL modem with dynamically addressed external IP and
192.168.0.1 internal IP.

-Linksys WRT54GX2 wireless router connected to upstream DSL modem and 4
downstream items (2 computers, 1 webcam, and 1 xbox). Internal IP for router
is 192.168.1.1...this is the only IP it has, to my knowledge. Router is
configured for DHCP for IP addresses 192.168.1.50 through 192.168.1.100.
Router is configured to automatically update DynDNS DDNS service with changes
to modem's external ip automatically via special software application. I also
entered the above mentioned ATT/SBC DNS servers under 'external dns servers'
dialogue box. Also, I configured router "port forwarding" to forward TCP
requests on port 80 to internal ip 192.168.1.250 and port 50000 requests to
internal ip 192.168.1.253 (my webcam)

-all network connections via wired cat 5 cable.

-Home Web server: Vista SP1 on a Sony VAIO computer. I configured network
adapter to have fixed IP: 192.168.1.250 on subnet 255.255.255.0 and to have
DNS servers 206.13.28.11 and 206.13.29.11). Web server is Apache, if that may
be of interest to you.

So there it is....it should work...my webcam works ok, but not my website.

thanks for your interest,

Paul

  • Re: Vista laptop/XP Desktop printer sharing
    ... and a Netgear Print Server that links ... If you have successfully printed to this printer over your network ... Vista network map. ... I updated the firmware on the Linksys WTR54G router to the latest available, ...
  • limited or no connectivity in VISTA
    ... I am reposting this from my post in Network and internet forums because ... I have an HP 6152n desktop w/ Vista home that the motherboard and power ... I am direct wired to a Vonage router then to ...
  • Re: Vista wireless problem
    ... The network works OK with XP machines and with a new Linux eeepc. ... The vista laptop works fine for news, ... For example I can ping my adsl router but not access it in firefox ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Will this ever work?
    ... a router to assign each computer proper "private" IP addresses, ... Vista can be cranky about sharing with any other ... computer on a network. ... I set up two Vista Business machines and eight XP pro machines on a ...
  • Re: Vista laptop/XP Desktop printer sharing
    ... I don't know if it was an XP update or a Vista update that broke it. ... The printer shows in Vista as a network printer on a TCP/IP port with the ... I updated the firmware on the Linksys WTR54G router to the latest ... All are in the same workgroup, ...