Re: Cannot backup a pst file over a home network

"Jeff Ingman" <JeffIngman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
New Dell PC
Running Vista, Office 2007 & Nornton Internet Security
Am trying to backup Outlook 2007 pst file from one computer to another on
our network.

I can copy and paste any other file from the originating computer to the
destination folder without a problem. (Sharing is enabled.)

But I cannot use the Outlook backup procedure, nor can I simply copy the
pst
file and paste it to the destination folder over the network.

When I attempt a backup or a copy/paste (with Outlook closed) I get the
same
reaction. The "wheels turn" for about 60seconds then an error message pops
up
saying "There is a problem accessing [path and pst file name]".

I checked Task Manager and verified Outlook.exe is not open. Some how it
is
glued in place. But I can copy/paste it to a folder on the same machine. I
just can't move it over the network.

I posted a description of this issue on the Outlook forum but no one has
come up with a solution.

Jeff

Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932045/en-us

  • Re: Sync between PC and notebook
    ... save/synchronize the Personal Folders into a PST file. ... Share your Outlook without Exchange: ... we can support it ourselves. ... Make sure to backup each PC to it's own backup ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • RE: MS - Backing up Email
    ... We know the Ntbackup can only backup whole Exchange database. ... the Veritas Backup exec could backup each mailbox separately. ... We can create a local Outlook pst file on the client computer, and then, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: .psts are different file types
    ... Outlook Backup to your "safe" place. ... > any type of extension. ... it is just called a File and doesn't seem to be a .pst file. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: MS Outlook 2003 - where are data files stored
    ... All these are stored in one .pst file, and you can find it in Outlook 2003 ... You may notice that these pst files, like the Outlook Express .dbx and ... I have now gotten the pst file copied over and all is well. ... that will backup the Outlook files. ...
  • Re: Best practice .pst files on network shares for backup purposes
    ... they can certainly archive old items and place a copy on the network for backup - you can use a log on script for this or tell users to only open the archive as needed and run a script weekly to copy it. ... Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours ... have backups of their local disks we decided to put the .pst files on ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)