Re: Sharing PPPoE internet conection via wireless lan

Also, in some PPPoE situations, you need to set the
router MTU to 1492 (many default to 1500).

"Mick Murphy" <MickMurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
You don't say what you are using to connect to the NET; wireless Router?

Make sure router's firmware is up to date for Vista, check for latest
Network adaptor drivers for Laptops.

Also, try unbind TCP/IPv6 in the laptop's Network connections properties

And how, exactly, did you set up the Wireless Network?
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"louwerse" wrote:

Hello,

Im trying to share my PPPoE internetconnection via a wireless lan.
Everything is shared now and i even can see the internetconnection on
the remote computers. It is listed in my network as a Residential
gateway device and when i go to properties it says that i can connect to
the internet trough this device. But when i try to access the internet
it dont work. also when i enable the gateway it dont give me internet.

The computer that shares the internet connection is a windows XP
machine and the clients are both windows vista laptops.

I hope someone knows what i have to do.
Thanx in advance for your responding.

Greetings J. Louwerse

--
louwerse

  • drone armies C&C report - July/2005
    ... 3356 LEVEL3 Level 3 Communications ... 3491 BTN-ASN - Beyond The Network A ... 3801 MISNET - Mikrotec Internet Ser ... 15857 DIALOG-AS DIALOG-NET Autonomuo ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Masquerading problem... can you help?
    ... server to masquerade a simple network and allow access to ... My server uses a modem to dial the internet. ... `SuSE-FW-DROP-DEFAULT' ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: U.S. as Traffic Cop in Web Fight
    ... Internet providers to treat all Web traffic equally, ... Digits: What Is Net Neutrality? ... AT&T cited network congestion concerns. ... Phone companies including AT&T have argued that they can live with the FCC's ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Re: Verizon rules the World? Or just the U.S.?
    ... Internet these days? ... network can now branch anywhere, and network data transfer is a piece ... Nearly all computer science departments and many private computer ... all these networks have gateways to the NSF backbone.) ...
    (rec.arts.mystery)