Vista -> XP slow LAN transfer

Hello. I have a Vista Home Premium SP1 computer connected by a router to a XP
Proffesional SP3 machine.
When transfering files from XP to Vista, transfer is limited by hard disk
speeds.
BUT when transfering files from Vista to XP, transfer speed is limited by my
internet connection speed (and is shared with internet - meaning transfering
files thru LAN slows down downloading files thru internet).

There is no firewall active on any of the computers. Discs are defragmented.
Both cables and router are allright (when I had another computer with XP
connected, speed was normal). Tracert reports that the route is straigth to
the other computer.

So, please, how do I make Vista know, that LAN and internet connections are
separate ?
Thank you.

  • [kde] Re: File transfer stuck
    ... I have two large folders that I am transfering over the LAN ... sign of abnormal packet drops. ... The bottom line being that at a certain bad connection quality, ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Front Page and Vista 64 Bit
    ... now that i have VISTA half my pictures don't print. ... that when you upgrade Windows it doesnt delete your old files until you are ... done transfering over what you want. ... I am not able to open one of the website I have worked on many times ...
    (microsoft.public.inetsdk.html_authoring)
  • Re: My LAST RANT
    ... My business partner gave up on Vista yesterday and installed XP Pro on his ... Vista choked on its own March 2007 update. ... I've wasted weeks of work transfering my ... Guess who won't be installing Vista any time soon? ...
  • Re: Good FTP client for Linux
    ... > need a good client that'll keep reconnecting and transfering when ... > connection is lost. ... Maybe FileRunner will do http://www.cd.chalmers.se/~hch/filerunner.html ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)