Re: Wireless cannot connect (unknown error)

Thanks Jack - Im certain that the security settings match up. The
windows utility recognises it as using WPA and the password is
correct.

I guess Mac filtering is definetly a possibility then, and some silly
bugger has changed the router password from the defaults! pfff might
end up buying a new one anyway then! Ill update how I get on..

--
Feiticera
Feiticera's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=50214

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: WIFI an SBS 2003
    ... I have a couple of clients with mixed hardware, ... I spent a bit of time trying to get one working with WPA, but couldn't, So ... they are running WEP. ... > Although WEP or MAC filtering can be easily broken, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Linksys hardware firewall enough...?
    ... > MAC Filtering is unnecessary with WPA for the simple reason that without ... > the WPA key, a client cannot associate with the AP anyway. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Linksys hardware firewall enough...?
    ... >| Using a combination of methods makes the solution stronger. ... > MAC Filtering is unnecessary with WPA for the simple reason that without ... >the WPA key, a client cannot associate with the AP anyway. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Hawking HWC54G wireless adapter
    ... > authentication, MAC filtering, as well as wpa and the usual encryption ... This is just a home lan and I only share some folders on the wlan. ... without WPA, you probably could -- admin interface permitting. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)