Re: Network PC are not visible in Network Place in Vista_Ultimate 32bi

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 21:59:00 -0700, Prem Soni
<PremSoni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear All,

Earlier I was able to see all computer in my network place. But from last
few days no pc is available there.

I am on LAN and working in workgroup. No Domain. Static IP address on each
PC given.

Pls let me know how can i get all system in my network place.

Prem Soni

I'd look for a misconfigured personal firewall, blocking traffic, first, on each
computer.
<http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005/05/your-personal-firewall-can-either-help.html.
http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005/05/your-personal-firewall-can-either-help.html

And check the restrictanonymous setting on each computer.
<http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005/07/restrictanonymous-and-your-server.html>
http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005/07/restrictanonymous-and-your-server.html

Or try diagnosing the problem, using logs from "browstat status", "ipconfig
/all", "net config server", and "net config workstation", from each computer.
Read this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions precisely
(Download browstat, and run all programs from a command window started as admin
in Vista.):
http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/05/troubleshooting-network-neighborhood.html#AskingForHelp

--
Cheers,
http://networking.nitecruzr.net/

  • Re: no permission to access network, but can access mapped folder on network
    ... I decided to enable network sharing on the second drive of the ... Windows on the first machine tells me mshome is not ... article, and linked articles, and follow instructions precisely (download ...
  • Re: Help with networking!
    ... I have connected the cable modem (ntl broadband) to it, ... my 2nd computer shows 'my network places' but my ... Read this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions ...
  • Re: 3 PC, XP network
    ... the network. ... One frequently seen problem is an inconsistently Enabled NetBT setting. ... Read this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions ...
  • Re: sharing files and folders by one user on 2 computers
    ... to find some litterature I can understand. ... I already created my folders in both ... and "allow network to change my file" etc... ... Read this article, and linked articles, and ...
  • Re: Network Browse
    ... The W2k machine can see and browse all shares on the network. ... The third WXP machine can't browse anything, ... Jim R ... Read this article, and linked articles, and follow instructions precisely ...