Re: Vista cannot connect to 2003 server

Wow. Funny you should ask that. That's one thing i didn't try. And NO. I
can't do it. Can't ping the FQDN. So, does that point to a DNS problem? And
if so, why are the XP machines able to log on with no trouble?

What's my next step?

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <findemail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Assuming you use NetBIOS name to join the domain, have you tried to use
FQDN? Or this search result may help.

Can't join domain using NetBIOS nameHowever, if you join the domain using
FQDN, it works. Cause and troubleshooting: the computer can't revolve the
NetBIOS of the Doman Controller. ...
www.chicagotech.net/troubleshooting/joindomain1.htm

"Martin" <m_blackwell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Yes, that is exactly what i mean. Sorry i wasn't more clear.
I can do all that stuff, but i can't join the domain.

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <findemail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
What do you mean "i cannot authenticate to a 2003 server. YET i can map
drives, nslookup is fine, i can ping everything"? Do you mean you can
logon local computer and then map the drive? Or you can't join the
domain?