Re: VPN problem: There is more than one active network connection ...

We had a similar post before. Post the result of ipconfig /all may help. Or check this post.

There is more than one active network connection on computer
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=4154

"Andy Stansfield" <AndyStansfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1EC7F542-C844-4E68-9313-93B945A6CDF0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is one of those “it’s worked for months and it just stopped working”
stories. I tried to connect to my office VPN as I’ve been doing daily for
months, and it didn’t work. Or more precisely, it seemed to work, then after
a couple of seconds the name of my router was exchanged for “multiple
networks” and a small yellow triangle broke the line between my PC and the
place where my router had been on the network map.

Disconnecting from the VPN cured the problem. But no-one had changed
anything on the VPN or my PC – I just got a message when I clicked on the
triangle to diagnose the problem that “There is more than one active network
connection on this computer”.

This has worked for a long, long time, and (honest!) I didn’t touch a thing.

I don’t know if this helps, but when I disconnect from the VPN the “multiple
networks” icon between my PC and the internet in the network map changes to
read “Twist VPN” for a moment then the word “identifying…” comes up to be
replaced, after a couple of moments, by the name of my router.

Any ideas? Please? Here’s my ipconfig file: (I’ve substituted a couple of
xxx’s ‘cos I’m not sure if I should publish real numbers – hopefully it
doesn’t mar the information for you guys who understand this stuff and
probably illustrates that I don’t!

[Windows IP Configuration

Host Name : Study-PC
Primary Dns Suffix :
Node Type : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled : No
WINS Proxy Enabled : No
DNS Suffix Search List : home

PPP adapter TWIST VPN:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description : TWIST VPN
Physical Address :
DHCP Enabled . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled : Yes
IPv4 Address : 192.168.0.200 (Preferred>
Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway : 0.0.0.0
DNS Servers : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip : Enabled

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix : home
Description : Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO USB Network dapter
Physical Address : 00-17-xx-73-20-xx
DHCP Enabled : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address : fe80::7dcb:bb65:xxxx:7440xl8(Preferred)
IPv4 Address : 192.168.1.86(Preferred)
Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained : 29 May 2008 05:02:20
Lease Expires : 30 May 2008 05:02:20