Re: VPN problem: There is more than one active network connection ...

We had a similar post before. Post the result of ipconfig /all may help. Or check this post.

There is more than one active network connection on computer
http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=4154

"Andy Stansfield" <AndyStansfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1EC7F542-C844-4E68-9313-93B945A6CDF0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is one of those “it’s worked for months and it just stopped working”
stories. I tried to connect to my office VPN as I’ve been doing daily for
months, and it didn’t work. Or more precisely, it seemed to work, then after
a couple of seconds the name of my router was exchanged for “multiple
networks” and a small yellow triangle broke the line between my PC and the
place where my router had been on the network map.

Disconnecting from the VPN cured the problem. But no-one had changed
anything on the VPN or my PC – I just got a message when I clicked on the
triangle to diagnose the problem that “There is more than one active network
connection on this computer”.

This has worked for a long, long time, and (honest!) I didn’t touch a thing.

I don’t know if this helps, but when I disconnect from the VPN the “multiple
networks” icon between my PC and the internet in the network map changes to
read “Twist VPN” for a moment then the word “identifying…” comes up to be
replaced, after a couple of moments, by the name of my router.

Any ideas? Please? Here’s my ipconfig file: (I’ve substituted a couple of
xxx’s ‘cos I’m not sure if I should publish real numbers – hopefully it
doesn’t mar the information for you guys who understand this stuff and
probably illustrates that I don’t!

[Windows IP Configuration

Host Name : Study-PC
Primary Dns Suffix :
Node Type : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled : No
WINS Proxy Enabled : No
DNS Suffix Search List : home

PPP adapter TWIST VPN:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description : TWIST VPN
Physical Address :
DHCP Enabled . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled : Yes
IPv4 Address : 192.168.0.200 (Preferred>
Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway : 0.0.0.0
DNS Servers : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip : Enabled

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix : home
Description : Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO USB Network dapter
Physical Address : 00-17-xx-73-20-xx
DHCP Enabled : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address : fe80::7dcb:bb65:xxxx:7440xl8(Preferred)
IPv4 Address : 192.168.1.86(Preferred)
Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained : 29 May 2008 05:02:20
Lease Expires : 30 May 2008 05:02:20
Default Gateway : 192.168.1.254
DHCP Server : 192.168.1.254
DNS Servers : 192.168.1.254
NetBIOS over Tcpip : Enabled

Cheers

  • Re: OT By a mile in parts comments on Viet Nam
    ... compared with the risks already inherent in the average hotel network. ... you should regard your connection as insecure and use some ... form of encryption to protect your passwords and privacy. ... My recommendation would be to set up a VPN endpoint in the UK that you ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Remote Client Configuration
    ... > remote computer to SBS 2003 domain via VPN connection after the remote ... > connection when user logon to the remote computer. ... I dont think that the Network Configuration website would work to connect to ... "The Small Business Server Network Configuration Wizard ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: VPN issues on SBS2003 with ISA 2004 installed
    ... I had to create a VPN connection using the network connection wizard on ... Based on our work above, it seems the problem in client side, so I suggest ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: XPSP2 domain firewall settings
    ... my laptop home with me and VPN into my corporate network, ... That's even if I override the connection suffix with my ... the DNS suffix for my connection as the DNS name of my corporate AD domain. ... The new Windows Group Policy Guide from Microsoft Press!!! ...
  • RE: VPNs - Firewalls and Security
    ... we turned off sysopt connection permit ipsec and then added the ... VPN connections. ... VPN's - Firewall's and Security ... You had configured that vpn users access internal network, ...
    (Security-Basics)