Re: Chage computer name okay

Hi
In Vista you log to Control Panel/System the entries to change are in the middle of the screen.
It is easy to do and if you make a mistake you can change again.
http://www.ezlan.net/vista/vs-sys.jpg Click on Change setting.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Ed H" <edandsandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23tD2uLewIHA.4736@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm finding that the names of the two computers that I network together, are to similar and we get confused. Is it difficult to change their names? Will this cause the network to get screwed up?

Thanks
--
Ed H

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-BIT SP1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz
4.00 GB RAM
300 GB HDD

  • Re: Using "Select multiple files or folders"
    ... "Brink" wrote in message ... Some of the entries that dealt with a suspected Vista problem of not allowing enough space were not what was shown, ... I will upgrade to Windows 7 soon, so I'll see if it goes away. ...
  • Re: Application.FileSearch
    ... But be aware that in some highly populated directories with entries that span beyond some magic power of two and similar names ending in numbers DIR will strangely stop returning answers before it runs out of entries. ... When you ask about it the XL team blame Vista and Vista team blame XL for Application.FileSearch woes. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Nine Vista CVEs, including Microsoft inaccurate Teredo use case documentation
    ... In my blog today I give a brief run-down of nine CVE entries that were ... the CVEs are numbered CVE-2007-1527 through ... recent Windows Vista Network Attack Surface Analysis report, ... like you need to do something special for Teredo to become active. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Nine Vista CVEs, including Microsoft inaccurate Teredo use case documentat
    ... In my blog today I give a brief run-down of nine CVE entries that were ... recent Windows Vista Network Attack Surface Analysis report, ... you have a section on stack fingerprint in your report. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Vista booting problem
    ... I bought a laptop with Vista preinstalle (rather which installs on first ... Now by default it boots XP. ... In Vista I had used EasyBCD to configure the boot loader entries. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)