Re: Disabling the network balloon

Do you map a network drive at home? If yes, how?

"EmptyMinded" <EmptyMinded@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:17748BF4-3059-426D-B737-472DB0CFCC4B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I use my laptop both at home and at work. I have mapped a network drive to a
shared folder on one of my home computers.

Now, logically, every time I use my laptop at work, I get a balloon message
saying not all network drives could be restored (or similar, I'm translating
from dutch). I know that, and I'm not expecting it to be. I just don't want
to do it by hand every time I log on to my home network.

Is it possible to disable that balloon? I've found this old (2004) article
for XP that allows disabling ALL notification balloons:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307729, but most balloons actually contain
useful information. I only want to disable this specific balloon tooltip.

Any ideas?

Using: Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit, without SP1 (haven't received it
through Windows Update yet, and I'm not downloading it manually).

  • Re: file tips in Windows Explorer
    ... But with the SP2 install the ... >> network, the file tips balloon in Windows Explorer only ...
  • Re: WorkStation Keeps Disconnecting
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... network drives it tells me that either my username or password is not ...
  • Re: network drives drop unexpectedly
    ... Mapping IssuesFirewall and autodisconnect are not issues here because all firewall and ... ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com ... What happens is the entire network (all network drives) at certain times will fail on transfers or any exe's will terminate or lock up if run from the network. ...
  • Re: Shutting off the Helper balloons
    ... For internet related issues, right click Network ... Places/Properties/Connection in question/Properties and uncheck Show icon in ... To rid of only the Balloon Tips (which only the Notification Areas ones can ... Pop-Ups, Show Info Tips, Start Menu and Notification Area. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Suppress irritating balloon in system tray
    ... On one XP machine that I use, every time I print a document to a network ... printer (it doesn't matter which printer), ... balloon by clicking on it, but it is irritating having to do so, especially ... if the print command effectively sends several separate print jobs and I ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)