Re: 'You could not stop sharing the selected folder'

Posting the result of net share here may help.

"Ed H" <edandsandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ucmkAtovIHA.2064@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tried them, nothing. It's not in a shared folder. How do you run this test?

Thank you,
--

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-BIT SP1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" <findemail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uFdKPTnvIHA.4736@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Or check this post.
You could not stop sharing the ...
"You could not stop sharing the selected folder." It tells me some items are still shared. test C:\Users\Documents\test This folder is in a shared folder ...

www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=3841&highlight=&sid=3e8fdf3e25c7d19e4384a0dac82de0f3

"Ed H" <edandsandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eyg$rElvIHA.552@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have two user accounts, one is an administrator. I don't want the standard
account to be able to view the data in my account. I tried to "un-share
folders but I keep getting this error message 'You could not stop sharing
the selected folder.' Further info says that this folder is in a shared
folder already, huh? It shouldn't be. Any answers?

Thank you,
Ed H

.