Re: Sharing between Vista and 2008

Can they ping each by IP? If not, please post back with the results of ipconfig /all on both computers.

"hpram99" <hpram99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:0955FFFE-9360-4149-A1D6-E431FBE4ADCD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have server 2008 SP1 running as a desktop PC and another with Vista Ultimate.
(yes, they are both licenced)

I cannot access my server share from the Vista PC, yet my WM6 PDA has no
problem. No matter what I do, I get "access is denied"

Password required is turned off
Share has everyone and guest added with full control
Does not prompt for un/pw when I connect to the server, but when I try to
access the share, it's immidiate denial.

I've been bashing my head for weeks now, this wasn't an issue with XP/2003

  • Re: Ping renders wrong address
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... I am in a Win2003 Server enviroment with about 70 XP clients. ...
  • Re: Users see admin tools - how to restrict
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... Server has financing app on it we want those users to access. ... When TS users login, the the default SECURITY help file shows on desktop, ...
  • Re: Ping renders wrong address
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 3: ... > I am in a Win2003 Server enviroment with about 70 XP clients. ...
  • Re: new server?
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com ... Windows Server 2003-based ... ...
  • Re: Server not accepting new connections
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net ... > RDP and everything on the server seems fine. ... > RDP connection and attempt to reconnect the connection just hangs. ...