Re: Sharing between Vista and 2008
- From: "Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)" <findemail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 09:20:47 -0500
Can they ping each by IP? If not, please post back with the results of ipconfig /all on both computers.
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
"hpram99" <hpram99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:0955FFFE-9360-4149-A1D6-E431FBE4ADCD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have server 2008 SP1 running as a desktop PC and another with Vista Ultimate.
(yes, they are both licenced)
I cannot access my server share from the Vista PC, yet my WM6 PDA has no
problem. No matter what I do, I get "access is denied"
Password required is turned off
Share has everyone and guest added with full control
Does not prompt for un/pw when I connect to the server, but when I try to
access the share, it's immidiate denial.
I've been bashing my head for weeks now, this wasn't an issue with XP/2003
- Prev by Date: Re: Printer sharing-another issue
- Next by Date: Re: Cannot backup a pst file over a home network
- Previous by thread: Re: Printer sharing-another issue
- Next by thread: Wireless dropouts and old adapters