RE: Browser(s) can't connect to the internet but IM client can

What happens when you try? Which browser are you using?

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"Sam" <Sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2008CA70-E321-4EDF-8424-44331E7A3D81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem with my Vista machine. I am also not able
to visit any web sites while I can connect to internet via IM.

I've also tried all steps provided on this forum, this post as well as some
other posts. Even tried disabling TCP auto tuning feature, but no success yet.

Please help me to fix it.

Thanks
Sam.

"gt8672" wrote:

> Recently, i have experienced an issue, with no obvious triggering event,
> where neither IE or Firefox browsers can connect to the internet. My IM
> client works fine.
>
> I am running on a wireless network, but no changes have been made to the FW
> or other settings. I have done all of the resolver cache, winsock resets, etc
> that I have seen. I can ping other computers on the network and my WAN IP.
> nslookups on well know resolve.
>
> Ideas on troubleshooting - how on FW welcome.

  • Re: how to turn on teh web client for Exchange...
    ... What happens if you open a browser and go to: http:///exchange? ... Roland Schorr & Tower ... Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • SSL Pocket PC 2002
    ... I have to authenticate to get onto my campus's wireless network and PIE and ... every other browser I could find, which I think I got most of them out there ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: Suse 10 Wireless Network Help Please
    ... I "Quit" the "KInternet" and rebooted and the wireless network is ... However I still can't seem to get a browser to see the ... internet. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)