Re: Wireless dropouts and old adapters

You can "Merge and delete network locations" in Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/124812-network-location-type-change.html

Are you broadcasting your wireless network SSID? Not doing so can cause connectivity issues. More information here...

Its also possible you have a conflict with another wireless network using the same SSID and/or channel. You could run a scan using the "cmd /k netsh wlan show networks mode=bssid " command from the "Start -> Run" window or use one of these scan programs that run on Vista.

http://www.wlanbook.com/netstumbler-alternatives/
http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows - Desktop User Experience)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"bensoir" <bensoir.3b097d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:bensoir.3b097d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

I'm having major dropouts with my wireless network. I have other
machines connected, linux, xp and both are great but vista is dropping
out all the time. I think it's something to do with old wireless
network adapters I have installed on my machine.

The wireless connection I am using is called connection 3 which means I
have at some point installed a wireless usb on a couple of my usb
ports.

The question is how do I remove the wireless connections 1 and 2 and
just leave 3 the one I am using at the moment.

I can't find any uninstall for the belkin adapter I used previously but
know they're still on my machine somewhere.

Thanks guys

--
bensoir
bensoir's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=51613