Re: Wireless dropouts and old adapters

You can "Merge and delete network locations" in Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/124812-network-location-type-change.html

Are you broadcasting your wireless network SSID? Not doing so can cause connectivity issues. More information here...

Its also possible you have a conflict with another wireless network using the same SSID and/or channel. You could run a scan using the "cmd /k netsh wlan show networks mode=bssid " command from the "Start -> Run" window or use one of these scan programs that run on Vista.

http://www.wlanbook.com/netstumbler-alternatives/
http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows - Desktop User Experience)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"bensoir" <bensoir.3b097d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:bensoir.3b097d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

I'm having major dropouts with my wireless network. I have other
machines connected, linux, xp and both are great but vista is dropping
out all the time. I think it's something to do with old wireless
network adapters I have installed on my machine.

The wireless connection I am using is called connection 3 which means I
have at some point installed a wireless usb on a couple of my usb
ports.

The question is how do I remove the wireless connections 1 and 2 and
just leave 3 the one I am using at the moment.

I can't find any uninstall for the belkin adapter I used previously but
know they're still on my machine somewhere.

Thanks guys

--
bensoir
bensoir's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=51613

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Wireless problem with WPA
    ... access point - the laptop won't even see wireless at all until he leaves the ... the same DHCP configuration when you had WEP? ... At the time you lose the connection, if you hover over the wireless icon ... We successfully ran a wireless network for several years using WEP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Wireless and Advent 9115 laptop - make it automatic?
    ... Most laptops remember the last state of the wireless. ... In the window displayed Double click on Wireless Network Connection ...
    (uk.comp.sys.laptops)
  • RE: Ive fixed the internet connection problem
    ... don't...I am running windows vista home premium 64bit, wireless router dlink ... I am having the dropping internet connection as with the others. ... "Bob H" wrote: ...
  • Re: Advanced Networking problem (STEVE WINOGRAD?)
    ... However since I will be creating wireless networks in the future also I ... Wireless network with an access point. ... > Encryption" active and using "ad hoc" connection. ... >> that shows the gateway and lets you control the modem on the HOST ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: [opensuse] Cant connect to WPA-PSK network
    ... My biggest problem is with my wireless network. ... RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller ... I've found a similar problem with Wireless connection. ...
    (SuSE)