Re: Vista and XP can't file or printer share

Hello Moomitch,

If you haven't already, please review this TechNet article on file an printer sharing with Windows Vista. If you have any further questions or problems then let us know.

Eric Cross
Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience)
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"Moomitch" <Moomitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:44D455C1-B2AE-4594-BA88-359B45E5898A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I need a simple step by step explanation of how to make this new Vista laptop
communicate with my XP desk top. I have tried everything I can find on the
various forums out there and either none of it works or I just don't know
enough about computers to make it happen. I can't afford to pay someone to
come to my house. Can anyone help me?

I imagine by this point I have really screwed it up by trying so many
different things. I have no problem accessing the net but can't get the
network set up to work. HELP!

  • Re: How do I turn-on my preview pane when Word 2007 OPEN a doc file?
    ... Use Windows Vista Explorer's preview pane ... layout, but no preview of the documents can be seem or comes up for my review before I have to open it into the full Word worspace window. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: HELP!
    ... I'll uninstall, then reinstall with my CD-ROM disc. ... computer (the computer with the Windows Vista Premium 64-bit Operating ... my printer with my new routed computer, there was no problem doing this. ... I've already enabled Printer Sharing in the Sharing ...
  • HELP!
    ... Both my host computer and routed computer are using Windows Vista Home ... set up printer sharing and my default printer on both computers. ... I find that I'm not able to print from my PC on my host computer. ...
  • Re: HELP!
    ... my printer with my new routed computer, there was no problem doing this. ... message that my computer doesn't recognize the port that's connected. ... computer (Windows Vista Premium, 32-bit Op/ses) and my routed computer ... Sharing Center -and enabled Printer Sharing in the sharing ...