Re: New External HDD sharing problem

Try one more thing, take the ownership.
How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows
If you want to take ownership of the contents of that folder, select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box. ...
www.howtonetworking.com/Security/takeownership4.htm

"Banjo666" <Banjo666@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:26FB9CA5-A9FE-4290-ADA0-822C03366E65@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have set all the permissions I can find under the Security tab.
Under the Locations setting all I can find is the host PC.
I have changed the usernames on both computers to the same name.
I take it by username you mean the name you logon to the computer with when
it starts up ??

the error message I get is:
""d" is available but the user account that you are logged on with was
denied access.
Windows cannot further disgnose the problem because network disgnostics does
not know the user name or password that is required to connect to the shared
folder."

Frustrated,
Chris

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

Have you assigned permissions in Security tab? Or these search results may
help.
Can't access XP with error 0x80070005
In many cases, 0x80070005 error is access denied error. It could be
permission issue, name resolution issue or computer browser issue. ...
www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=2201 - Similar pages

chicagotech.net :: View topic - Fixed Error code 0x80070005 by ...
Fixed Error code 0x80070005 by creating the same username ... Windows
OS Can't access XP with error 0x80070005 · Vista can ping XP but ...

www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=3597&sid=457dc5757c60065d09eb4a025d83ea7f

>I have just installed a new USB external hard disc and although I have >set
>it
> up to be shared and it appears on the network, I can't access it from
> other
> computers on the network. When I try tro access the drive I get an > access
> denied, 0x80070005 error, saying I don't have the right path or > password.
> Any solutions ?

  • Re: For those running low on disk space...
    ... In the WINDOWS folder, there is another folder called Prefetch. ... Alright, so that is done, now to remove some Windows components. ... Unless you have a network, ... You can get much more disk space by doing this. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Continue previous conversation: "Nepatsfan".
    ... Networking newsgroup should be available. ... folder on the ... Windows 2000 system did not show up in My Network Places ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Continue previous conversation: "Nepatsfan".
    ... I don't have either an antivirus or a firewall on the W2k. ... 2000 system did not show up in My Network Places on your XP machine? ... Windows 2000 system and the actual name of the shared folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Continue previous conversation: "Nepatsfan".
    ... gets added it to your newsgroup list. ... I take it that the shared folder on ... the Windows 2000 system did not show up in My Network Places on ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Continue previous conversation: "Nepatsfan".
    ... Next, if you're using Comcast's new server, the XP Networking newsgroup ... 2000 system did not show up in My Network Places on your XP machine? ... Windows 2000 system and the actual name of the shared folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)