Re: remote desktop stopped working - no error message

Find out the remote site IP address, then do telnet remoteipaddress 3389?

"mountainag" <mountainag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:D543F3DB-23B4-44EE-A604-10F96D384FEB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
How do you do that?

Can you telnet port 3389?

> After installing some updates for Vista and McAfee at the office and XP
> and
> McAfee at home, my remote desktop connection (Vista to XP) no longer
> works.
> No error message comes up, just nothing happens after entering the
> password
> and clicking yes to connect without verifying. Any ideas?

  • Re: DNS but No Web
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net ...
  • Re: Cannot access network share
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... > Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting> onhttp://www.ChicagoTech.net ...
  • Re: Vista cannot connect to 2003 server
    ... Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ...
  • Re: Vista cannot connect to 2003 server
    ... NSLookup looks right to me ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ...
  • Re: Ping renders wrong address
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ...