Re: Missing Codec for playing a video from my camera

Renee'''' Thompson wrote:
I have tried to no avail to get the video off of my digital camera
onto my computer. No matter what program I use, I get a message that
the codec is missing. How do I figure out what Codec I need?

The extension of the file is .mov

Thanks to anyone who can help. This video stuck on my camera is very
important to me.
================================
MOV is the Apple QuickTime format.

My camera takes Quicktime video. How do
I see those files in the Windows Vista Photo Gallery?
http://blogs.msdn.com/pix/pages/faq.aspx#q10

If you have a compatible media player you
should be able to play the .mov files. Do you
have QuickTime installed?

Download QuickTime
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Also...the the following freeware players can
play the .mov files.

VLC Media Player
http://www.videolan.org/

Media Player Classic
http://www.filehippo.com/download_media_player_classic/
(just unzip it and run it...no installation required)

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

  • Re: How about wmv. to mov converter?
    ... support in their effort to support WM media on quicktime in the ...  I wish Apple would do the same for mov files on PC's though. ... You want them to right a hack of wmp? ... I find a codec that will let me play them in WMP. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: How about wmv. to mov converter?
    ... support in their effort to support WM media on quicktime in the ...  I wish Apple would do the same for mov files on PC's though. ... Actually I have so much already organized into the WMP (windows media ... I find a codec that will let me play them in WMP. ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)
  • Re: converting MOV files...
    ... The only legal way to convert MOV files is to use Quicktime Pro. ... > with my media player. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)
  • converting MOV files...
    ... quicktime, but i still have problems in getting any of my MOV files to work ... with my media player. ... to disc - which i can do but they dont play on my dvd player. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)
  • Re: Quicktime -vs- Media Player
    ... You can download and install QickTime and restrict QuickTime to respond only ... to .MOV files. ... WMP will not play .MOV at all. ... Keep Media Player but play these tutorials ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)