Missing Codec for playing a video from my camera

I have tried to no avail to get the video off of my digital camera onto my
computer. No matter what program I use, I get a message that the codec is
missing. How do I figure out what Codec I need?

The extension of the file is .mov

Thanks to anyone who can help. This video stuck on my camera is very
important to me.
--
Renee'

  • Re: Playing AVI Files
    ... I try to play the files but, rather than getting a video, I just get the ... This sounds very much like you need the DiVX codec: ... (Just download and install the codec. ... However you say the files are from a digital camera. ...
    (microsoft.public.multimedia.windows.mediaplayer)
  • How would one go about resizing a video?
    ... I'm trying to resize a video that's 1920x1080 to 1280x720. ... the matter, but so far the programs I've found either don't resize files that ... big or don't accept the Windows Media 9 codec. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: video compression idea
    ... but video quality and bitrate weren't good at all. ... For 640x480 frames it means 0.135 bits per pixel. ... something more MPEG-like could be better, but none would be terribly convenient to implement and hack extensions onto (near the top of the list would probably be the Theora codec). ... the main advantage would be that a PNG-like codec could be potentially be made to have somewhat higher decoder speeds than an MJPEG or MPEG-like codec, at the big downside that the compression will probably be worse. ...
    (comp.compression)
  • Re: Exported AVi is of poor quality
    ... DV (Digital Video) files, but with low quality 16/32 audio rather than ... then you should have a copy of the Microsoft DV codec on ... In the setting for Premiere I see the Compressor used is indeed Cinepak ...
    (rec.video.production)
  • Re: Codecs/WAV/WMM
    ... I pinned the problem on Arcsoft Audio Decoder version 1.3.1.63 ... With that decoder disabled in the Movie Maker, I can now play mp3s on the ... Using MM I published a video ... "or on the codec side (something overriding the default codecs ...