problems ripping music from CD

When I insert a CD in the Rip Tab, nothing happens. I can play music
from the CD on the Media Player and the CD name appears in the Rip Tab,
but it dosen't rip. No album/artist info appears and when I right click
on it to open it nothing happens either. All the screen says is to
insert a CD, which I already have done. Please help!

--
Justin Enos

  • WMP will not recognise a CD-RW disk when i try to rip it
    ... but media player will not ... recognise it when i goto the rip tab, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: How to RIP music CDs on MCenter 12
    ... I should have been in the player group. ... Unfortunately, in Media Player 12 there is no "Library" view and no "Rip" tab, at least I could not find them. ... If you put a CD in the computer, switch to the Library view or Media Player and you should see the Rip option. ... There is no longer a RIP tab as was on MC 11, and the Auto Play menu does not have a RIP option. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
    ... You're a bit confused, I think you are asking a question about Media Player, not Media Center, they are two different things. ... If you put a CD in the computer, switch to the Library view or Media Player and you should see the Rip option. ... "Erik Fuyu" wrote in message ... There is no longer a RIP tab as was on MC 11, and the Auto Play menu does not have a RIP option. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: problems ripping music from CD
    ... I would advise not to use WMP its a poor ripper suggest use something like cdex, it will give you far better results in terms of sound quality. ... from the CD on the Media Player and the CD name appears in the Rip Tab, ... Justin Enos ...