Re: Reduce mp4 video to smaller file?

Thanks, John, it seems to work - I had to convert the mp4 to mpg using WinFF and then export the movie with Windows Movie Maker - the process reduced the movie from 130 MB to less than 3 MB, but though the view in the player is small, it works!

"John Inzer" <oobie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uWiACs1NKHA.4580@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phil Rhodes wrote:
I have an 8 minute mp4 video, which is 130 MB, that I want to make
smaller, and I don't care if the video image is smaller, so that I
can email the video and the reciever can play it on Windows Media
Player. I receive videos from friends, and when I play them in
Windows Media Player, the video is small, so I know there is a way...
Also on YouTube the video is small, and some of them run 9 minutes or
so, but how is it done?
An alternative to e-mail would be to upload the file to
the following site and send your recipients the download link.

"SendSpace"
http://www.sendspace.com/

And...here's something you could try.

Import the file into Movie Maker...if it won't import...rename
it from .mp4 to .mpg and try to import it. If it makes it...drag
it to the timeline and Publish it for e-mail and the file size
will be reduced drastically.

In the following article see the section : 'To send a movie as
an e-mail attachment in an e-mail message'

Windows Vista -
Publish a movie in
Windows Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/2lo4gp
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/4ea4b6cd-0cfe-4d02-8122-16c28828cdf21033.mspx

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

  • mpg video playback problem
    ... I am having playing back mpg movies. ... following are the properties of movie files with description. ... Video codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Import DVD Movies to Windows Movie Maker AVI, MPG, WMV, ASF, Convert DVD to MSWMM
    ... Microsoft Windows Movie Maker is a powerful and practical video editing ... Premium and Ultimate editions of Movie Maker support importing MPEG-2 ... Select the output video profile by click the drop down list. ... You can do some video settings before ripping DVD movie. ...
  • Re: Error whilst saving movie file.
    ... We made a fix in Windows Movie Maker 2.1 within Windows XP SP2 so this ... Sometimes just trying to save your movie again will work, ... Now after whilst it is done, i try to view my video. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Cannot Preview Storyboard in 6.0
    ... video on another computer that is also Vista and had Windows Movie Maker. ... some of the clips and slides showed up at first in the edit ... I was able to return to editing my 3 min movie. ... That long file name is something Windows Movie Maker creates. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Beyond the Office [Digital Video Tips: Best Ways to Share Videos - 12/20/2005]
    ... Digital Video Tips: ... they view the show on the Web or play it from a DVD. ... Windows Movie Maker video editing program for Windows XP will ...
    (alt.video.dvd)