Problems setting network buffering when inside IE window. - Vista

Having trouble viewing live streaming video from a webpage that feeds a
windows media player data stream. The provider states a 748kb connection is
the minimum supported. Have a 1mb connection, (tested), and get constant
pausing every few seconds. Tried setting the performance tab in Windows
Media player but it does not cary over to the instance within IE. When I
right click on the window and try to change the settings in the IE window it
does not take or if it does get a message something like "buffering media"
and then have the pleasure of seeing a blank page.

It looks like the settings in HKCU\software\microsoft\mediaplay\preferences
are NOT USED.

Really frustrating. Any help greatly appreciated.

--
Always Curious, John G.

  • Re: error C00D10B3
    ... Error C00D10B3 or C00D10B5 means that Windows Media Player isn't "seeing" ... your internet connection. ... Especially if you are running Windows 9x (i.e Win98, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Missing Codec?
    ... When I open Windows Media Player from my desk top icon, ... PowerPoint is belly up since I can neither play old ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: error C00D10B5
    ... Error C00D10B3 or C00D10B5 means that Windows Media Player isn't "seeing" ... your internet connection. ... The file name of the installer is ... Especially if you are running Windows 9x (i.e Win98, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: error COOD10B5