Re: Problem burning .avi to DVD

MaryAnn wrote:
I use Cyberlink Suite to burn dvds with Vista Ultimate OS. I have no
problem with all the .avi files burning to disc except for those I
download from a movie site.

When I try to burn an .avi movie I get the message: "Failure to add
video file.------title of file-------. This video file type is not
What is missing? Why only these particular .avi files? I looked
into CODEC but I don't understand how it applies to this file or
Maybe the movie files are DivX or Xvid...
(these can be quite stubborn to work with)
This can be verified by using the freeware

GSpot Codec Identifier

GSpot Super Quick Start

Best bet (believe it or not) would be to purchase
a DVD player that is compatible with DivX and
Xvid movie files.

Then you do not have to create a Video DVD...
all you have to do is create a Data DVD which
means you can burn several movies on one disk...
If the movie file size is not more that 700 MBs
you can even burn them on a Data CD.

Here's an example of a DVD player that will play
the files.

Philips DVP5990
(this one plays DivX and Xvid...some only play DivX)

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ultra-wideband FM
    ... half the movie, then cut out. ... Use DVD+,as DVD+ allwos you to intrrupt the burning process ... Burn at a slow speed to get very good quality, ... C4 and C5 transmits westerns several times a week here FTA on satellite. ...
  • Re: DVD burner not recognized by WMM
    ... My dual CD/DVD burner shows as a CD drive in Explorer also... ... the recording option is unchecked. ... Movie Maker, I have to check the option. ... There is a selection to burn the movie created ...
  • Re: which is better
    ... just like you; so I got them to burn it for me when I ... I'm doing a movie so I stepped ... I'm NOT GOING to delete Carrara 5.1!!! ... | Ken Kubos wrote: ...
    ... DOWNLOAD AND BURN DVD'S ... movie time scheduals world wide... ... Shanghai Surprise movie online ...
  • Re: Where is DV-AVI option??
    ... to select the file type at the saving part. ... I have never tried to burn a cd ... as unless the movie is only a couple of minutes long it wouldn't fit anyway. ... If you want to burn dv-avi to cd, then save your movie to the pc as a dv-avi ...