Re: Problem burning .avi to DVD

MaryAnn wrote:
I use Cyberlink Suite to burn dvds with Vista Ultimate OS. I have no
problem with all the .avi files burning to disc except for those I
download from a movie site.

When I try to burn an .avi movie I get the message: "Failure to add
video file.------title of file-------. This video file type is not
supported."
What is missing? Why only these particular .avi files? I looked
into CODEC but I don't understand how it applies to this file or
burning.
Thanks........MaryAnn
===================================
Maybe the movie files are DivX or Xvid...
(these can be quite stubborn to work with)
This can be verified by using the freeware
GSpot:

GSpot Codec Identifier
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/download.html

GSpot Super Quick Start
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/v26x/quick_start.html

Best bet (believe it or not) would be to purchase
a DVD player that is compatible with DivX and
Xvid movie files.

Then you do not have to create a Video DVD...
all you have to do is create a Data DVD which
means you can burn several movies on one disk...
If the movie file size is not more that 700 MBs
you can even burn them on a Data CD.

Here's an example of a DVD player that will play
the files.

Philips DVP5990
http://tinyurl.com/c93uom
or...
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-DVP5990-1080p-Upscaling-Player/dp/B00158OJ9O/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1233121374&sr=8-2
(this one plays DivX and Xvid...some only play DivX)

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice