Re: WMM 6.0 won't work with .avi

RyaAndersen wrote:
Okay, i have tried and tried and still can't get this :eek: thing to
work.

What i am trying to do:
Split up a vid i made using a camcorder. The original format of the
vid is mpeg-4, BUT i used a converter and made it a .avi.

What i have done:
I used said converter to make mpeg-4 file a .avi file. It is readable
by windows media player (same as the mpeg-4 file was). Before when the
file was mpeg-4, windows movie maker wouldn't even recognize the file
as anything (when i tried to import it). I tried forcing it into movie
maker and only sound would play. Now that i have the AVI version, it
recognizes it through the import but still does not play video.
I have also downloaded codecs and codec packets and everything. I can
get other .avi vids to work with it, just not the ones i converted.

If you don't wish to read the jibberish above, Basically:
mpeg-4 converted to .avi will not run right in windows movie maker.
Downloaded codecs, still didn't work.

Also, if my problem is the converter, any suggestions on a real good
free download converter would make my day.
No guarantees but...the free Quick Media
Converter may be worth a try:

Quick Media Converter
http://tinyurl.com/a35y6n
or...
http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=92&Itemid=72
(may the .wmv format would be a good choice)

Open the program.

Drag / Drop the video file into the program

Click the WMV icon on the tool bar

Choose...Windows Media Player format .wmv (custom resize)

Click...Start Conversion button

Good luck...

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

  • WMM 6.0 wont work with .avi
    ... Split up a vid i made using a camcorder. ... I used said converter to make mpeg-4 file a .avi file. ...
  • Re: DTV converter box
    ... A Digital Converter Box is a SetTopBox so it does not need to have it it's own separate configuration category. ... I told media center I was using that company. ... Media center downloaded the guide for all of the TV programs that company ... I then went through all of the stations ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: DTV converter box
    ... I wrote about setting up Media Center with a DTV converter box back in June. ... I don't know of any way to add guide listings for subchannels if the ... to the stations which the DTV converter box receives. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: DTV converter box
    ... Media center then asks you what company you are ... to the stations which the DTV converter box receives. ... Media center downloaded the guide for all of the TV programs that company ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • firewire import software lockup
    ... Recently had problems with importing DV via Sony TRV330. ... Pyro A/V Link Pro with Premiere Elements - D to A Media ... None of them will quit until I turn off the Pyro converter. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)