Re: video quality on MCE extender

Not meaningfully- it's encoded at whatever quality it's encoded at. Much like if you start with a VHS tape, it's going to be about that quality at the end point. =\

"Davidb" <Davidb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1816142C-EEBC-43AB-B88C-D5776E01017C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks. Is there any way to improve the quality of Internet TV video streams?

  • Re: NTSC SVHS VCR Wanted to buy..
    ... marked difference in quality hence my wanting to buy a NTSC unit .. ... is about playing a regular VHS tape on a S-VHS machine. ... it uses a higher frequency for the luminance "Y" carrier. ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Advice for Archiving VHS and Umatic SP
    ... were archived on to VHS tape. ... I can use a set top dvd ... thought about encoding it in h.264 in high quality, or encoding as DV, ...
    (rec.video.production)
  • Re: "The Wall" DVD?
    ... > lot brighter from the onstage cams, again due to it been a "dark" show. ... > VHS tape. ... A 2 DVD set was made by the Pink Floyd fan group called ... > and the source used for this was a 3rd Gen VHS, by far the best quality ...
    (uk.media.dvd)
  • Re: Have Dubbed VHS tape to DVD, but notice the quality isnt as good as the VHS copy. The white por
    ... are too white compared to the VHS tape video. ... So the quality of the ... VHS tape is better than the burned DVD copy. ...
    (rec.video.dvd.tech)
  • Re: converting VHS to DVD
    ... > I just got a DVD recorder and I can record at 5 different speeds which ... > yield between 1 and 8 hours per disc, trading off quality for length. ... > What I'm wondering if there's even enough quality in an old VHS tape ...
    (rec.music.gdead)